No one ever warned us about the static. We were expecting the snow, the car culture, the huge food portions. But who knew static electricity was going to be such a daily irritation?
From my unscientific perspective I have three potential culprits: the relative dryness here; the fact that I’m wearing rubber-soled boots almost constantly; the cheap carpets in the entrance to our building. Whichever it is, I’m getting multiple shocks a day on switches, handrails, and every time I kiss M randomly. It is less erotic than it sounds.